ECONOMICAL, NO MAINTENANCE GAS AND LIQUID MEASUREMENT SOLUTION
The Wafer-Cone flow meter uses the same revolutionary principles as the V-Cone. Its self-conditioning means little or no upstream or downstream piping runs are required.
The Wafer-Cone features a flangeless design. The element is easily replaced to accommodate changing flow conditions. Recalibration is not required. There are no moving parts to maintain. The unit combines exceptional flexibility with high performance. The Wafer-Cone is the perfect low-cost solution to tough flow measurement problems in water & wastewater, chemical, food & beverage, plastics, pharmaceuticals, district HVAC, textile, power and oil / gas production.
The Wafer-Cone is an advanced differential pressure flow meter, similar to the V-Cone but offering greater installation flexibility and economy.
Specifications and design features
- Standard Accuracy: From +/-1.0% of actual flow (certain fluids and Reynolds number applications require specific calibrations to achieve this value).
- Repeatability: +/-0.1% or better
- Flow Ranges: 10:1 and greater
- Standard Beta Ratios: 0.45 to 0.85, special betas available
- Head Loss: Varies with beta ratio and DP
- Installation Piping Requirements: Typically 1-3 diameters upstream and 1 diameter downstream of the cone are required, depending on fittings or valves in the adjacent pipeline.
- Materials of Construction Include: 304 or 316 stainless steel; Special materials on request.
- Line sizes: 1″ to 6″
- Process Connection: Flangeless: no welding on pressure body
- Calibrated for customer application
- ASME B31.3 construction available
- Interchangable cone elements for different flow ranges
- Sized and fluid calibrated for customer application
- No-moving parts
- No welding on pressure vessel
- Options: gas or oil flow calibration
Unlike an orifice plate, the Wafer-Cone has no sharp edges so extensive maintenance and inspection are not required
- No straight pipe runs
- Maximum flexibility
- Accuracy to +/- 1%
- Repeatability to 0.1%
- Machineable in any material
- No moving parts, low maintenance
The flangeless Wafer-Cone® is compact, less costly and easy to install. The cone conditions the flow so the Wafer-Cone requires minimal upstream or downstream pipe runs and can be installed virtually anywhere in a piping system. Ideal for small line sizes and with no moving parts, no replacement parts or scheduled maintenance, this meter offers a low cost of ownership and long life.